Age Category:
Junior Football


Throw in time:

Dunboyne V:

Starting 15:
Paul Brady
Liam Kane
Darren Dunne
Conor Geoghan
Danny Kane
Fergal O Neill
Alan Watters
Niall Watters
Joe McWeeney
Neil Hackett
Sean Moran
Michael Reilly
Conor Gilmartin
Mark O\'Connor
Keith Doyle

Half Time Score:
Ballivor 1.10 Dunboyne 0.02

Full Time Score:
Ballivor 2.22 Dunboyne 0.06

Sean Moran, Conor Gilmartin 0.02 each, Keith Doyle, Joe McWeeney 0.01

Subs Used:
Johnny O\'Connor for Alan Watters (inj) 15 minutes, Matt Dwyer for Liam Kane 40 mins (inj), Ciaran Kennedy for Conor Geoghan 45 mins (a bit tired).

Talking Points:
Ballivor on Form!!! Dunboyne\'s fourth team came out on the wrong side of a comprehensive defeat to a very strong Ballivor team. In the fourth round of the Junior D championship Dunboyne travelled to Summerhill with maximum points from 3 games (although they only played 2). Ballivor took an early lead with a very strong midfield pairing winning the majority of kick-outs, all of which were from the Dunboyne keeper Paul Brady, who thankfully remembered his steel toe boots for the kick-outs on this occasion. Dunboyne made a couple of breaks and could have drawn level had Mark O Connor been more accurate with a one on one early in the first half. Ballivor continued to pile on the pressure with some great play, particularly from their full forward and their half forward line. The Dunboyne lads at this stage were wondering if Ballivor had made a mistake and sent down their first team instead such was their dominance. The sides went in at the break with Ballivor ahead 1.10 to 0.02. The referee offered a glimmer of hope at half time, when he approached the Dunboyne team to inform them Ballivor had made a mistake, however he didn\'t confirm they had sent the first team but instead asked could there be a minutes silence before the second half commenced. The second half took off where the first ended, with Ballivor well on top. Paul Brady also continued to find his men with the kick-outs, except they were all wearing Ballivor Jerseys!!! Once again Mark O Connor passed up another great goal chance when he opted to try and drive the ball and goalie into the net, in fairness his only other option was to pass to Sean Moran and we would never have heard the end of it if he had secured a major. Liam Kane went off with a blood injury and although he was fully repaired within 2 or 3 minutes he elected to stay off the pitch for the remaining 20 minutes, unleashing Matt Dwyer on the Ballivor attack for his first outing of the year. Johnny O\'Connor fought hard to win a line ball and proceeded to keep up a family tradition of kicking it straight out over the sideline, much to the amusement of the large Ballivor support (15-20). Ciaran Kennedy came on for the final 15 minutes, for the first 8 minutes he got in some great tackles and it took him the remaining 7 minutes to tie his lace, but he stuck to the task and got it tied while Ballivor proceeded to score 1.04 during that time. The scoreboard could have been a lot worse but for some great saves by Paul Brady, however the highlight of the Game from a Dunboyne point of view (apart from the final score) was a massive point for Joe McWeeney late in the second half. Dunboyne\'s final game will be a winner takes all tie against Wolfe Tones who also have 3 wins from 4 games, with Wolf Tones having a 7 point advantage in score difference a win is a must for Dunboyne.


Established in 1902 by Bob O’Keeffe, the hurling section of the club has been in existence for more than 100 years. It wasn’t until the late 1940s that the game of Gaelic Football was properly organised within the club and in 1952 it became known as St. Peter’s GAA Club. Today both football and hurling, along with the camogie and ladies football sections, are thriving.

© 2016-17 St. Peter's GAA Club, Dunboyne.