Age Category:
Senior Football


Throw in time:
High noon

Dunboyne V:

Starting 15:
Paul Brady
Liam Kane
Matt Dwyer
Conor Rohan
Fergal O Neill
Darren Dunne
Danny Kane
Brian Watters
Niall Watters
Sean Moran
Alan Watters
Johnny O\'Connor
Conor Geoghan
Mark O\'Connor
Conor Gilmartin

Half Time Score:
Dunboyne 1-06. Kilmainham 1-03

Full Time Score:
Dunboyne 1-15. Kilmainham 2-07

Sean Moran 1-04, Conor Gilmartin 0-05, Conor Geoghan, Mark O\'Connor, Brian Watters, Alan Watters, Fergal O\'Neill all 0-01 each

Subs Used:
Andy O\'Connor for Liam Kane, Paul Reilly for Johnny O\'Connor, Thomas Watters for Conor Geoghan.

Talking Points:
Dunboyne march on..... Dunboyne\'s Junior D team continued their impressive run through the group stages with a final round win over a hard working Kilmainham outfit. The top of the table clash was played in perfect conditions in Kilmessan and both teams served up a very entertaining contest. On a day when 82,000 people had the pants bored off them by Dublin\'s endless cross field passing and pointing at each other it was the 15 spectators who made the trip to Kilmessan from both ends of the Royal County who got most value for money. Dunboyne began the game fielding a number of players who were tired from a lack of sleep opened the scoring a exchanged points with Kilmainham for the early stages of the year first half to go in leading by 1.06 to 1.03 at the break. The goal coming courtesy of Sean Moran who decided that instead of washing the jerseys he might actually wear one this week. In truth Dunboyne should have gotten another goal but Mark O\'Connor tried to be too fancy with his finish (or too greedy some might say). Dunboyne swapped one Conor McGregor fan for another with Liam Kane making way for the slightly more sober Andy O\'Connor, who I don\'t think even touched the ball. Thomas Watters and Paul Reilly both came on in the second half and made some good passes to keep the scoreboard ticking over. It was during the early part of this half that an event that most people from Dunboyne never dreamt they would witness occurred.........with Kilmainham having narrowed back the deficit Dunboyne launched an attack Brian Watters found Alan Watters Out on the left wing 35 yards from goal and incredibly Alan Watters put the ball over the bar.... Sean Moran was covering great ground and was pulling out all the tricks, even heading the ball into space before launching another Dunboyne attack. In defence Dunboyne were very strong and they needed to be as the Kilmainham full forward was about 7 foot tall and caused a lot of trouble, but he met his match in Flat tyre Dwyer who pulled off some brilliant blocks to keep Kilmainham at bay. Paul Gunner Brady pulled off a great diving save on a ball that was going wide and let a roar out of him that could be heard in Dunsany to make sure he got a free out. Conor Rohan in a effort to keep his scoring streak going made a long run up the field and after beating a few defenders got himself into a great position to seal the game with a goal, his shot however was miserable and ran along the ground and out wide. Even his Dad who was acting as umpire couldn\'t dig him out of the embarrassment by claiming it was a score!!! The game finished out on a score line of 1-15 to 2-07 in favour of Dunboyne and due to scores going Kilmainham\'s way elsewhere both team advance to the knock out stages.


Established in 1902 by Bob O’Keeffe, the hurling section of the club has been in existence for more than 100 years. It wasn’t until the late 1940s that the game of Gaelic Football was properly organised within the club and in 1952 it became known as St. Peter’s GAA Club. Today both football and hurling, along with the camogie and ladies football sections, are thriving.

© 2016-17 St. Peter's GAA Club, Dunboyne.