Age Category:
U17 Football


Throw in time:

Dunboyne V:
Navan O\'Mahony\'s

Starting 15:
Sean Melia
Max Rogers
Jack Nyhan
Luke Murphy
Leon Byrne
Sean Ryan
Eoghan Cairns
Liam Byrne
Fergal Watters
Cathal Clarke
Eoin Martin
Dan Howlin
Sean O\'Rourke
Michael Murphy
Peter O\'Doherrty

Half Time Score:
Dunboyne 3-04 NOM 1-07

Full Time Score:
Dunboyne 4-09 NOM 3-09

Dan Howlin 2-02; Liam Byrne 1-01; Peter O\'Doherty 1-01; Sean O\'Rourke 0-02; Michael Murphy 0-02, Sean Ryan 0-01;

Subs Used:
Oisín Fitzmaurice for Max Rogers; Matthew Kennedy for Jack Nyhan; Kevin Conway for Leon Byrne; Daragh Finaly for Eoin Martin

Talking Points:
At 7.30pm on Thurs 19 oct 2017 at Meath centre of Excellence Dunganny the much eagerly awaited under 17 special c\'ship semi final went ahead between Dunboyne and Navan O\'Mahony\'s. Prior to the game O\'Mahony\'s would have been regarded as favourites having won the League Final by 14 points back in May. The weather was atrocious, wind and rain driving into the dug outs, near impossible for spectators and mentors to watch let alone the players to take part in. In a full blooded game tackles were flying, in the conditions the Ref was inclined to keep the whistle out of his mouth. Dunboyne again started on the back foot like previous games were 1-05 to 0-02 down after 15 mins. Dunboyne suddenly sprung into life when Dan Howlin hit 2 brilliant goals to be followed by another goal direct from a free kick 40 yards out by Liam Byrne. Half time score Dunboyne 3-04 Navan O\'Mahony\'s 1-07. The second half started in much the same fashion as the 1st with Navan taking control hitting 2 goals to be suddenly ahead by 2 points. Manager Conor Scully made some positional switches and introduced some fresh legs. Dunboyne dug in with captain Michael Murphy very impressive, points were added and after much to-ing and fro-ing in the Navan goalmouth Peter O\'Doherty struck to the bottom corner of the net. As the game neared the end Dunboyne held control to win by 3 points 4-09 to 3-09. One of the main highlights of the 1 st half was a brilliant save by Sean Melia in the Dunboyne goals. In the Final Dunboyne will now meet their old foes and friendly neighbours, Ratoath.


Established in 1902 by Bob O’Keeffe, the hurling section of the club has been in existence for more than 100 years. It wasn’t until the late 1940s that the game of Gaelic Football was properly organised within the club and in 1952 it became known as St. Peter’s GAA Club. Today both football and hurling, along with the camogie and ladies football sections, are thriving.

© 2016-17 St. Peter's GAA Club, Dunboyne.